Executive recruiting company in business
The Principal Formulation Scientist supports new product development by functioning in two or more of the following capacities. At any given time, responsibilities may vary depending on specific Business needs:
· Broad-based technical leadership that spans across multiple therapeutic categories and or scientific disciplines and is a recognised expert in the scientific community
· Developing and executing technical strategies across multiple therapeutic categories and/or scientific disciplines
· Project Leadership of complex global projects
They will demonstrate world class technical expertise in formulation science (i.e. – tablets, capsules, liquids, confectionary), providing leadership in the direction and development of that specialist area regarded as critical to future business growth. They will operate at the interface of functional disciplines, both inside and outside of NPD, and coordinate the activities of specialists to design work programmes and participate in their execution to provide support to development projects or existing projects.
She/He may lead complex global projects or have overall leadership responsibility for multiple projects (2-5) within a single area or across multiple therapeutic areas. They will lead these projects across all R&D functions. They will manage overall work priorities and ensure team activities are in accordance with company standards and regulations, taking into account scientific, budgetary and timing objectives.
This Principal Development Scientist may provide technical leadership in the development and execution of technical strategy across multiple therapeutic categories and acts as a technical expert in supporting all NPD and Innovation in his/her areas of expertise. Can help facilitate resolution of complex technical problems.
Coaches and mentors staff to become proficient in technical skills and to develop new technical skills in support of technical strategy and/or business needs.
Other Key responsibilities include:
· Makes wide ranging, independent decisions on projects and technical issues
· Acts as a liaison to evaluate external technology and develop new technical expertise internally
· Stays current with technologies and industry practices and applies relevant information to Consumer Healthcare
· Develops strong links with external scientific community including academia, trade associations and professional bodies
· Explores and identify new technologies as appropriate with the agreement of the key stakeholders and develop expertise internally
· Identifies, evaluates and delivers new technology, materials or ingredients
· Ensures that research upholds highest scientific standards
· Presents finding at conferences, publishes paper, authors patents
· Coaches and mentors peers and other staff to develop new technical skills.
· Works with Manager to assess staff for potential growth for others within the organization
· Communicates collaboratively and influences staff at all organisational levels with both internally and externally with specific organizations.
· Facilitates and manages internal and external relationships within Consumer Healthcare, as a whole, and with external groups toward fostering a
· an environment of knowledge sharing when applicable.
· Works across different scientific disciplines and integrates knowledge from a variety of sources; resolves conflicting data and opinions between these functions is essential.
· Champions creativity in teams to deliver innovation to the business.
· Operates on specific assignments which may be of short duration (e.g. due diligence of development partners), or long term (e.g. lead outsourcing initiative to low cost country) in a manner that reflects the challenges in a professional and confidential manner.
· Provides technical input and direction from a product development perspective to the Therapeutic Category Team and related functions as the expert for that category.
· Thinks strategically and provides recommendations and decisions which have a major impact on project plans.
· Thinks innovatively for better, more efficient ways of doing things. Actively looks to eliminate non-value-added steps out of processes and procedures
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required
A. Educational Background
1. Minimum Level of Education: MS degree Area of Specialisation Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional or related science. 2. Preferred Level of Education Ph.D. degree Area of Specialisation Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional or related science
Minimum Level of relevant Job-Related Experience required
15 years (MS); 10 years (Ph.D.)
· Excellent understanding of Drug and Food GMPs as relevant to Consumer Healthcare as well as familiar with FDA, European and global regularity requirements, such as ICH
· Track record of coaching and mentoring peers and other staff
· Competency to lead large, complex, global teams with track record of on time delivery of multiple initiatives
· Expertise with key technologies and industry norms and applies to different areas of responsibilities as required
· Creative and imaginative in approaching diverse R&D projects
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org