Responsible for execution on large complex software development projects including design, implementation, testing, and documentation. Staff developers influence and lead teams of developers on these projects as well as interacting and communicating with stakeholders and other R&D teams and mentoring less experienced developers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design and develop software to support platform and services. This involves:
• Actively learning the platform/service space from team members and stakeholders.
• Applying rigorous engineering practices to solving the complex problems presented.
• Understanding coding conventions and development policies and applying them to their work and in their codechecks of others work.
• Understanding the system and devising solid test plans for code written.
• Teaching others on what they have learned, including writing appropriate technical documentation.
• Providing status on development tasks to supervisors and stakeholders
• Manage small team providing direction on activities and feedback on behaviors.
• Influence team members and others by providing technical leadership on projects.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
• Excellent understanding of complex computer science engineering problems
• Substantial expertise in a programming language such as C/C#/C++, Perl, Java, or Python
• Preferred skills include Unix/Linux familiarity, perl, Web Service development, object store concepts (think of s3), distributed computing concepts, and experience tuning/profiling low level code executed millions of times per day
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent
• 2+ years’ of professional experience
• Experience working directly with business stakeholders
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com