Title: Front-End Software Engineer
Location: Cambridge (Alewife), MA
Salary: Based on Experience
The company prides itself in building exceptional career opportunities and offering outstanding benefits to our team. In that regard, the client is not your average company. We have the enthusiasm of a start-up, a culture driven from industry veterans committed to long-term growth, and the benefits package of a mature industry leader.
We are overhauling our Web front-end to better enable our users to gain insight into and manage their risk by allowing them to explore the significant parts of our data. While we provide summary metrics, with our diverse set of users we are developing more engaging and meaningful interfaces that scale with the volume of data that our products present.
Backing our front end, our core data processing engine exemplifies Big Data. It already processes tens of billions of records daily; we are revamping it to be more scalable, in execution time, data volume and resource usage. We are improving our operational infrastructure & processes to support a rapidly increasing, global customer base and expanding data volume. And we continue to introduce new features, enhancements and even entirely new products, by finding innovative, new insights in the rich sea of data we ingest.
We have lots of fundamental decisions ahead of us on what to build, how to build it, test it and support it. We are looking for engineers that embrace the challenge of tackling large problems and want to construct the foundation that the engineering team will use for the next 3-5 years.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Practical experience creating user-facing software.
• Results driven. You don’t want to just write code — you want to ship code, have it used by customers and have it perform well.
• Ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
• Team-oriented. You are inspired & motivated by the energy & ideas of teammates.
• Holistic engineering & ownership, from design to deployment and onwards.
• Experience with public cloud platforms such as AWS
• Software development & delivery in a SaaS environment
• Datatables, Highcharts, D3.js
• Working in high growth startups
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org