Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. VB.net experience required. Additional Qualifications (Agency/Dept. Qualifications): Significant knowledge of Crystal Reporting preferred.
- Hours: Full time – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Salary: COMMENSURATE with EXPERIENCE
Under general supervision from the department head may lead lower level programmer/analysts on Information Technology Services projects involving the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of business applications for streamlining, automating, and integrating the operations of all county agencies.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Promotes and maintains positive and effective working relationships and promotes good public relationships as a representative of Licking County Government.
- Participates in all phases of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to enforce efficiency, consistency, interoperability, and standards throughout all development-related projects.
- Designs logical and physical databases or reviews description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect environment database (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics such as location, amount of space, and access method), using various Oracle and SQL Server back-end database applications through standardized ADO and ADO.NET connections.
- Reviews project request identifying and articulating business needs and processes; estimates time and cost required to complete project; determines if project requires creating a series of new applications or modules or making modifications to existing programs that access data stored in databases.
- Prepares project notebook including a workflow chart and Entity-Relationship Diagram to document the business processes for automation and rules to be enforced. Transforms these functional and data requirements into an intuitive user interface.
- Reviews and analyzes design of database environment prior to creating objects, modifying objects, updating database records, or modifying existing applications or modules.
- Revises agency definition of data as defined in data dictionary (information about data, including name, description, source of data item, and key words for categorizing and searching for data item descriptions); determines and enters changes to data dictionary descriptions, including type, structure, and intended use of data within system.
- Develops logical data models describing data elements and how they are used; writes description of how user accesses data.
- Applies derivatives of data mapping techniques into data conversion strategies. Implements these strategies using 2nd and 3rd generation programming languages to massage and populate data.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of existing development and database platforms and makes recommendations on the migration from current platforms and standards.
- Maintains database security policy including location, space requirements, logins, access methods, stored procedures and audit trails to protect company data resources against unauthorized access and accidental destruction.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to the essential functions of the position and all agency safety procedures.
- Remains informed of current developments and procedures pertinent to duties; may be required to attend seminars/training.
Application Procedures: Submit completed application, resume and cover letter to the Licking County Human Resources Department, 20 South Second Street, 3rd Floor, Newark, Ohio 43055. Applications can be obtained in person in the Human Resources Department between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. daily or printed from the web site at www.lcounty.com. Successful candidates will be subject to Licking County’s pre-employment drug screen and background check. Licking County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com