Responsible for instructing others about the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Assigns books and essays for students to read and teaches them how to identify themes, points of view, and other characteristics.
- Instruct students on interpreting literature.
- Assign books to read, including classics and contemporary novels.
- Help students interpret literature and poetry.
- Provide background on authors’ life and works.
- Teach students about the structure and content of the English language, including proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
- Teach about different literary styles.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Utilize public library resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
- Graduate / Post Graduate in English
- Having minimum 2 or 3 years of experience
- Willing to work with the Slum Children & Slum Communities
Minimum experience: Two years
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org