Avcorp Composite Fabrication currently has an opportunity for an experienced production supervisor who can supervise manufacturing employees, plan and assign work, implement policies and procedures and recommends improvement in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Coordinate and provide employee training and support the development of preventive Maintenance (TPM) schedules with Facilities/Maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures effective employee relations.
- Provides employee coaching and development.
- Makes employment decisions including hiring and disciplinary action.
- Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Provides leadership for safety, quality, costs, productivity and morale to achieve positive results.
- Works to continuously improve in all areas including improving working conditions (safety, quality, cost, delivery and productivity) and increase employee skills and capabilities via training.
- Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls (Metric Boards) and provides regular progress reports to Planning Department, Production Manager and VP of Manufacturing.
- Provides daily leadership through example as well as effective timely communication, impart objective feedback, clear work instructions, use positive reinforcement
- Develops, implements and revises machining procedures
Provides formal and informal training to machine Shop personnel.
- Performs accident investigations.
- Manages department priorities.
- Tracks absenteeism and time-keeping.
- Lead employee development and training.
- Maintaining responsible areas 6S compliant.
- Implements LEAN Processes.
- Support make/buy selection decisions.
- Support formal process improvement initiatives.
- Support lean manufacturing activities.
- Participate in ensuring customer expectations are met relating to quality, cost and scheduling commitments.
- Includes supporting Program Management Reviews.
Preferred knowledge / skills / experience:
Five (5) years’ experience in a manufacturing supervisory role.
Advanced education such as Technical College, A.A. degree or higher.
Demonstrated leadership competency.
Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Experience with NADCAP, ISO Quality Systems and related quality systems.
Experience in implementation of Lean Manufacturing, 6S and Six Sigma preferred.
Computer Skills using Excel, Microsoft Office – Ability to create PowerPoint presentations, Excel Metric Charts, and write formal correspondence using Word.
Understanding of health and safety rules/regulations.
This preference of this position is that the person has knowledge and experience in lamination, cure, machining and assembly of carbon fiber composites, aircraft and automotive products but is not a requirement
Technology: Requires good problem solving capabilities.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.avcorp.com/careers →