Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the IE supports the Avcorp Company objectives with regard to assessment, development, and implementation of changes to improve quality, reduce cost, and maintain production commitments. Coordinate work efforts, and support tasks in an IPT team regarding continuous improvement of manufacturing processes, efficient and productive facility layout. Perform Time and Process improvement studies to support efficient product build and flow. Review and optimize production plans (Bar Charts) and schedules. Complete manpower/crew sizing, tool turn and shop floor layout. Evaluate and provide recommendations for improving labor utilization and performance. Perform capital equipment/facilities project business case analyses. Integrate LEAN/5S and 6 sigma principles into all aspects of tasks and responsibilities. The individual will investigate issues, perform root cause analysis, and initiate corrective actions as required to support Program requirements.
- Develop and suggest LEAN and efficient manufacturing concepts, plans, tool concepts, tool designs, and inspection processes.
- Be highly motivated, self starting, and exhibit the ability/willingness to make decisions at the appropriate level while working well in a team environment and bringing assignments to closure.
- Develop and conduct research studies regarding process improvement and cost reduction.
- Work with composite fabrication or assembly teams to optimize processes, improve work instructions, increase efficiency in machine-driven work areas, reduce cycle times and recommend improving tooling or processes.
- Develop efficient shop and facility layouts, plans and schedules.
- Perform project management activities for new or modified facility & equipment related activities.
- Develop Preventative Maintenance Schedules for Equipment.
- Develop and update accurate labor standards for production work order routings.
- Support an IPT (Integrated Product Team) during qualification and serial production of new and existing programs.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Design – Understand drawing and Technical Specification requirements and coordinate the implementation of requirements through the Composite Manufacturing process. This requires creativity to resolve complex issues.
- Project Management — The Industrial Engineer acts as a technical authority and may have overall project responsibility.
- Manufacturing – Evaluate manufacturing approach: tool function, laminating processes, bagging techniques, autoclave curing, trimming, inspection, coatings application and assembly processes for production standards and improvements. Support integration of all elements of production, including blueprints, specifications, tooling, work instructions, equipment, training, inspection, methods and materials. Assess, develop, and implement changes to improve quality, reduce cost, and maintain production commitments.
- Documentation —Develop recommendations for efficient manufacturing plans (work instructions, routers) through creation and maintenance of production labor standards.
Ability to pass a security clearance check under ITAR.
Education and/or Experience :
Education Level – Preferred Experience
No college degree – 15 years in Manufacturing Engineering (min)
Bachelor’s degree,Industrial & Systems Engineering or equivalent Engineering Degree – 5 years
Master’s degree – 3 years
PhD degree – Relevant experience
Job Type: Full-time
Aerospace: 3 years
Industrial Engineering: 5 years
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.avcorp.com/careers →