Apollo Search Partners LLC
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Glenn Mills, PA
Position Type: Full Time
The Senior Accountant will report to the NA Accounting Manager within the North American Region, based out of the regional headquarters in Glen Mills, PA. The Controller’s group within the region is responsible for a wide variety of accounting requirements for both the Region and Corporate Headquarters. The role encompasses activities including the monthly close process, general accounting, SOX control framework testing and documentation, acquisition integration, and ongoing accounting process improvement. This role will be expected to meet tight deadlines and a multitude of continuous activities.
Responsibilities and Expectations
· Support the integration of new legal entities into NA accounting process. Improve coordination with local teams and standardize controls and business and reporting processes.
· Improve documentation of NA internal controls, and monitor regional account and business controls on an ongoing basis. Develop standard processes and metrics, oversee monthly reporting and analyze results.
· Lead contact with external and internal audit teams to facilitate timely and efficient completion of audits.
· Review financial statement movements and prepare fluctuation analyses based on feedback from business and functional contacts.
· Prepare journal entries during monthly financial close process in support of business.
· Improve journal entry processing to reduce manual journal entry volume, identify root cause issues, and promote better discipline for manual journal entry posting.
· Support North America Accounting Manager in the achievement of team goals and process improvement initiatives.
· Be a collaborative and dependable resource for the regional functional leaders and business partners in all accounting matters.
Qualities of an effective Accounting Analyst
· Takes initiative and recognizes areas for self and team improvement
· Communicates clearly and effectively
· Documents workpapers with clarity and necessary detail
· Leads projects and builds collaborative relationships
· Demonstrates strong SAP and general system capabilities
· Solves problems using system tools and data
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· CPA or CPA track
· Four to six years experience, with a combination of public accounting, audit, and accounting close experience.
· Strong analytical and data mining ability.
· Experience working with SAP is preferred.
· Knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles, practices, and standards.
· High attention to detail and accuracy.
· Strong internal control mindset with ability to identify and remediate process inefficiencies.
· Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of personnel and, management, and leaders of the business
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com